The mayors of the cities involved in weTree project are invited to sign this Pact, committing to put in practice at least four out of the following eight goals
- Promoting the development of new public green areas, also taking care of their maintenance.
- Endorsing gender equality and enhancing women’s competence in all initiatives.
- Soliciting private contributions and funding (from traders, citizens, etc.) so that they can play a part in greening the urban landscape starting from the spaces of their competence.
- Promoting sustainable mobility (especially walking practice) for a healthier lifestyle.
- Sponsoring environmental education programs at school and promoting partnerships with academic institutions.
- Raising awareness about environmental issues, by promoting good practices such as the maintenance of green spaces, waste sorting, recycling and recovery as alternatives to discard and disuse.
- Establishing an annual weTree Award for the association or citizens having contributed to the increase and maintenance of green spaces in their cities.
- Promoting greater awareness among citizens of a circular vision combining environment and health for the well-being of the community and the future generations.